Let's Shellabrate

Hi Crafty Friends!
I'm back with a card featuring another fun digital stamp from Twinkle Lane Designs, if you haven't gone and checked out the amazing digital stamps they offer hurry on over today. Summer is right around the corner, living in Florida it feels like it's already here so these Mermaid digi stamps were perfect for the weather. I love working with this digi stamp and creating this set of cards. 
I started out by printing off the mermaid images on some Neenah 100lb smooth cardstock. This digital stamp also comes with some cute fish as well as two sentiments, I did not use them in these cards today but I wish I had added the fish. I colored all my mermaid images with a variety of copic colors, I really enjoyed changing up their skin color as well as their hair color for each card. 
Once I had everything colored I started working on my backgrounds, I wanted the cards to look as though the mermaid was in the ocean without having to do the whole background. With watercolor paper and my Distress Oxide Inks I blended Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch on my cardbase. I masked off the white area of the card with wasi tape to make sure I only blended the stripe like I wanted. 
For two of the backgrounds I splattered water on my blended background, for the other two I did white paint. I like how they both came out. Next I started working on my sentiments, I used multiple sentiments from the Honeybee Stamps Mermaid Song Stamp set. I've mentioned this many times before Honeybee Stamps has the best sentiments, and they worked perfectly for these. 
I also stamped the inside of my cards with some more sentiments from the same stamp set. To finish off each card I added a variety of blue and silver sequins. I hope you all enjoyed my cards, make sure to head on over the the Twinkle Lane Designs Blog to see all the other cards from the other design team members as well as their shop for this super cute digi stamp. I can't wait to see what you create, happy crafting. 

Comments