Frightful Mother's Day

Morning Crafty Friends!
I can't wait to share this Halloween inspired Mother's Day card that I created for a wonderful woman and friend that loves Halloween probably more than I do. I wanted to create her something that was truly made just for her, and I knew she would love it. 
 
I started out by stamping the new SSS Delicate Flowers stamp set along with the Frankenstein woman from the MFT Frightful Friends stamp set. I have had this stamp set for so long and I knew it would work perfect for this card. I stamped all my images with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and clear heat embossed them. 
I wanted all the flowers to be bright oranges and purples to fit the theme. Once I had everything colored in, I used my ScanNCut to cut all my images out. I love this machine, if you don't have one I would encourage you to look into it. I know it can be expensive but in the long run I have saved so much money on not having to but coordinating dies. 
With all my images cut out and ready to go I started working on my cardbase. I used the Altenew Watercolor Stripes Cover Die to cut some mirror black cardstock to have over my purple cardbase. I placed all my images where I wanted them to be and took a picture before I started adhering.
Once I had the placement I started adhering all my images to my cardbase using both liquid glue and foam adhesive. Using my glitter pen I added some glitter to the flowers before finishing off the card with some gold sequins. 
Thanks so much for stopping by to see my card, I hope you all enjoyed it and found inspiration to create cards that are outside the box. I can't wait to see what you all create, Happy Crafting!



Comments