Happy Birthday Tea Party

Morning Crafty Friends, I'm back on the Butterfly Reflections, Ink. Blog sharing a tea party inspired birthday card for a dear friend of mine. My co-worker and friend Alina's sister is turning 16 today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADRIANA!  I can't believe that she is already 16;  I wanted to create a card that was super fun and unique just like her. 
Before I get started I wanted to show you a tea party that I helped decorate recently to show where I got my inspiration from for this card:
I have been completely obsessed with Kelly Latevola and her videos, she is beyond talented and makes some truly beautiful cards and I really wanted to try to make a one layer scene card. So of course in Kelly fashion I had to make a bunch of masks for my scene. I used quite a lot of Honey Bee products for this card including the Piece of Cake and Winter Anemone stamp sets. I stamped out all the images I planned on using on some masking paper and laid them out on my card. 
I laid everything out on my card base to decide where I wanted everything to be on the card, I've shown a picture above to show what it looked like. The picture doesn't show the strawberries as well as the extra flower I added to the bottom. 
 Once I had everything colored I was just so excited and loved it I couldn't wait to take a picture to send to my friend. This is normally what my coloring looks like I always have my copic hexagon chart with markers everywhere. I'm definitely a messy card maker, is anyone else like that? I'm constantly losing things and my husband tries to come and help me and always says maybe try and clean your desk lol, it was clean when I started :)
I really wish that I had added something in the top left corner but by the time I decided to add something my card was already done and didn't want to risk it. 
If you are interested in all the details of this card, please head on over to the Butterfly Reflections, Ink. Blog to check out this card as well as all the other great inspiration from the other design team members. 

Comments