Fresh Cut Flowers

Morning Crafty friends, I'm back on the Butterfly Reflections, Ink. Blog sharing this super colorful shaker card using the MFT Fresh-Cut Flowers Background stamp. In May I attended a MFT class where we water colored this stamp set to make a thank you card and I really wanted to create a card with this image using my Zig Clean Color Markers. 
The Fresh Cut Flowers background stamp is just so beautiful, I love the flowers and I really wanted to use it to create a border. Using my MISTI I stamped the floral image around the border of some watercolor card stock. As you all know by now I love black outlines for my images but in the class we heat embossed with white embossing powder and I loved the results so I wanted to re-create that look again. 
For the watercoloring I used the following colors from the Zig markers:
Yellow, Light Carmine, Bright Yellow, Pink, Scarlet Red, Pale Green, Green, Turquoise Green, Light Blue,  Light Violet, and Violet. 
When using these markers I really like to combine more than more color together sometimes even three to get a color I really like. 
Originally I didn't plan on making this into a shaker card but since my water coloring wasn't the best in the center of the card I ended up cutting it out only leaving a border around the flowers. I had a hard time picking whether to have a white or black background for the shaker, but I really loved how the black looked with not only the images but the sentiment as well. 
I did a double layer of foam adhesive to the back of my card before adhering it to the black cardstock to make sure there was plenty of room for the sequins to move around. Here is a list of sequins I used for the inside of the shaker, I used whatever I had on hand. (3mm Sparkling clear sequins4mm Sparkling clear sequinsIvory Jewels)
For both the sentiment inside and out I used the Anything but Basic Friendship stamp set as well as the Friend Duo dies. Before adhering to my card base I added one of the sentiments from the stamp set as well as some additional sequins to the front. Thank you all so much for stopping by and checking out my card, I hope you like it. I can't wait to see what you create, Happy Crafting!

Comments