Sunshine and Friends


Morning Crafty friends, I'm back on the Butterfly Reflections, Ink. Blog sharing this summer inspired slimline card featuring all the products I won from the MFT July release. I wanted so many items from that release but wasn't going to purchase anything since it was so close to our moving date so I was beyond thankful that I won. Speaking of moving, we have officially been in our new home for a little over two weeks and we are loving it! We have successfully painted most of the house as well as gotten off the very bright and colorful wallpaper that was in both bathrooms and kitchen. The house is slowly coming together and we are making it our own; I do have my own room designated as a craft room so I am super excited to share that with you all once I get everything in it's place. But back to my card, I used both the Sunshine and Friends as well as the Drink up Sunshine.
Both of these stamp sets as so cute, I of course love all the animals as well as the little girl with her drink in hand. I was really hoping that they would have added a little boy but the girl is super cute alone. I knew I wanted to use all of the images in both stamp sets because I just couldn't pick one so I decided on a slimline card. I also wanted to create a jungle theme for this card where it looks like they were in some sort of spring relaxing, you can see below how I laid everything out and used the MFT Swimming Pool Die-namic for placement. 
 
Once all my images were in place, I used a EK Success pen to draw in stones around the pools and then started working on my coloring. 
The coloring definitely took sometime but once I was finished all I had left was to add some white highlights with a white gel pen. To complete my card I added some foam adhesive to the back of some sentiment stripes from SSS and adhered them to the top of the card because adhering to my card base. 
I truly appreciate you stopping by to check out my card, I hope it inspires you to create something fun. I can't wait to see what you will create. Happy Crafting!

Comments

Post a Comment