Splash

Morning Crafty friends, I'm back on the Butterfly Reflections, Ink. Blog sharing another summer inspired card this week featuring some more MFT products. My friend's son is turning one this weekend and she is throwing him a whale inspired birthday party so I wanted to make her a card that went along that same theme. For this card I used  both Friends with Fins and Gill Friends stamp sets, I think both of these stamp sets are absolutely adorable. I can't wait to make some more card with both of these stamp sets, have you made any cards with either stamp set if so let me know. 
I started off by stamping all the images I wanted to use on some smooth white card stock with my favorite ink VersaFine Black ink and clear heat embossing them. I colored in all the images with copic markers. I think it would be super cute to watercolor these fish.
I used the following alcohol inks for the background: StreamPoolSail Boat and Turquoise. To control the inks I used my heat tool to just guide the colors in the direction I wanted them. While that dried I used the coordinating dies to cut out all my images, Die-namics Gill Friends, Die-namics Friends with Fins
I cut some white card stock down to an A2 size and then cut out the section I wanted the alcohol ink background to be showing thru. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Friends with Fins stamp set with Catherine Pooler Suede Shoes ink before adhering some foam tape to the back of each panel. I adhered the Yupo Paper to my card base with liquid adhesive and then added the various fish images all over the background. I then adhered the white card stock on both sides to my card base, the foam tape behind just gives the right amount of dimension for this card. Finally I added some droplet sequins to look like bubbles in the water and my card was complete. 
Thanks so much for stopping by, I can't wait to see what you will create. Make sure to head on over to the Butterfly Reflections, Ink. Blog for some great inspiration from the other design team members. Happy Crafting!

Comments