Mondo Sakura

Morning Crafty Friends!

Today I'm sharing a few cards all using the Mondo Sakura stamp set by Ellen Hutson. This stamp set is so beautiful, I love a good floral stamp specially ones that are big like this one is. 
 
I created a total of five different backgrounds to use as cards but have officially only put two together so far, I will be sharing the other three this week but I wanted to share the blending combinations now so that you can try them out if you want. 
To start each card off I got some watercolor paper and stamped the floral image on the center of each A2 size background, once I had everything stamped out I used the coordinating dies to die cut the image out of some masking tape to cover the image. From there I decided on what color combinations I wanted for each card. There are so many different color combinations to choose from with the Distress Oxide Inks so feel free to explore; the colors I used are listed below. 
The combinations are below:
Two cards I'm sharing today
Old Paper, Evergreen Bough, Black Soot
Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Fried Brick
Other three combinations
Twisted Citron, Pine Needles, Faded Jeans
Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries
Cracked Pistachio, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves
I used my blending brushes from Pickett Fence today, but any brushes will work.  Before I started blending I  put the mask over the floral image making sure to push it down so it wouldn't come up while I was working. Since the flower image took up so much of the background the blending was really easy. Just make sure to start with the lightest color and work on to the darker ones going back and blending the lighter one together. The more you blend the colors together the more the harsh lines will go away. To add a little texture to each one I decided to splatter some white paint on the backgrounds before taking the mask off; another option is to spray some water on them but I decided to go with paint this time. Once I was finished it was time to take the masking off, I just love this part it's so fun to see what the hidden results are. 
Once I had all the backgrounds done it was time to start assembling them to my A2 size cardbase. I decided I wanted to make each card different with the sentiments. For the inside of each card I stamped the floral image in the lightest distress oxide color I used for that card along with the sentiments you really are great from Ellen Hutson's Random Sayings Volume 2 stamp set. 
  I love coloring floral stamps, but I definitely enjoyed this technique with masking. It was definitely an easy way to show off the beauty of this stamp. I can't wait to make more cards like this. Thank you all for stopping by, and I can't wait to see what you all create. 

Comments