Group Hug

Today I'm sharing a super cute card from one of my favorite companies, Waffle Flower. I love this new stamp set Group Hug, the animals are so cute. As soon as I saw this stamp so many ideas came to my head and of course since I'm all about ink blending right now I had to have my first card with an ink blending background. 
I started out by stamping this image on some 80lb copic friendly cardstock with my Versafine Ink Pad. This is my go to ink when stamping, I have found that the ink does stay wet longer than others so I decided to heat emboss some clear embossing powder over my ink while it was still wet. I saw this in a video a couple of weeks ago and just had to try it, I love the extra little something it brings to my images. Once I was done embossing it was time to color, this stamp set definitely took sometime to color. 
Once my coloring was complete I started to work on my background. I decided to blend some of Distress Oxide Inks (Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Fired Brick), this is one of my favorite color blending combinations. I sprayed some water onto my background, and die cut it using the Waffle Flower A2 Nesting Rectangle Dies and adhered the background to my cardbase.  
With the coordinating die I die cut my image and adhered it to my background trimming off parts of the image that was hanging off the sides. Using a hug die along with the sentiments that came with the stamp set I added my sentiments, finishing the card with a few clear sequins. 

I hope you all enjoyed my card and I can't wait to see what you all create. Happy Crafting!

Comments