Celebrate Balloon Shaker

Good Morning Crafty Friends!
I know it has been forever, I find myself always forgetting to create blog posts for my cards, so I am going to try to be better at this. So today I am bringing you a fun balloon shaker card I created for a co-workers wife; I love being able to create something for someone to share with their love one.
For my card I knew that I wanted to create a shaker so the MFT Balloon Dies were perfect to create a huge shaker that took up majority of my card. To start off I cut some watercolor paper down to an A2 size, once I had that I decided I wanted to do a blended background.

I choose the following Distress Oxides for my blended background:
Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple, Aged Mahogany

Once the background was done, I wanted to add some texture to it so I splattered some white and black paint onto the background using a toothbrush. I find that using a toothbrush gives me the splatter effect that I like and it's something cheap you have around the house. You could also use some water to add some texture to the background but I like the paint. I then cut my background with the second largest of the MFT Balloon die-namics; the cut out was so pretty so I saved that for another project.

I then started to assemble my shaker for the background of the shaker I found that white cardstock just didn't look that good so I lightly blended some more of the Spun Sugar to make it match my card base.  I added a variety of different sequins into the shaker, I love all the different sizes and all the sparkle.
Once the base of the shaker was complete the only thing left was to add on my sentiments. I knew I wanted a big die sentiment across the top so I used the MFT Celebrate Sentiment die-namic in black cardstock. I used sentiments from a few different sentiments stamps to complete the front of the card. To finish off the card I stamped Happy Birthday Beautiful on the inside.

Hope you all enjoyed my card today and I can't wait to see what you all create. Happy Crafting! 

Comments