Leaf Burst

Hi crafty friends! 
I hope you all had a great weekend, my weekend was spent making a list of everything I had so far for the wedding and what else I still needed. I also had my first dress fitting on Saturday, everything went well and it is all coming together, we are only 95 days away. 
For today's blog post I created three cards using the same Leaf Burst stencil by Altenew. 
As you can see I used a variety of different colors for each card, I had no rhyme or reason for the colors I choose. Under each card I have listed the distress colors that I used as well as the sentiment I used. 
Distress Inks: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Candied Apple
Sentiment: Oh Hello There Wafer Die - SSS
Distress Inks: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Bundled Sage
Sentiment: Hooray Die - Neat and Tangled
Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose, Shaded Lilac, Mermaid Lagoon
Sentiment: Big Thanks Wafer Die - SSS

After I used my distress inks with the stencil for each card I then picked the three different sentiment dies that I wanted to use. I picked a different sentiment for each occasion. I knew each sentiment I wanted in different colors to compliment the leaf burst colors. For the first card I went with black to really make it pop, the second card had a lot of green so I knew a brown card stock would go great with that one; and finally the third card had multiple colors so I picked pink to highlight. 
For each card I decided to also cut the card stock I used for the sentiment in an A2 size to have behind the leaf burst. I really like how it added some dimension to each card. After adhering everything I adhered some sequins to each card to add the final touches. 
I hope you all enjoyed my cards today and can find some inspiration to create something yourself, Happy Crafting!





Comments

  1. Oh I love these...my favorite is the black lettering, you're right, it really does make it pop! Would you ever consider hosting a crafting session? Also, how can we order your cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alina, thank you so much. I'm so happy you liked them. I haven't really ever thought about having a crafting class but that would be something really fun, I'll look into doing something like that.

      Delete
  2. All three of these are beautiful. I love all your color choices. I really like the green and brown one, such a nice color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment