Amazing Things

Today's blog post is all about encouraging others, I have a friend who is just starting her way in creating her own business and I couldn't be more excited for her. I made this card to remind her that even though the road is going to be rough, she will do amazing things.
I love making cards to show the people in my life how much I care,  and how something as simple as a card can really make all the difference in someone's day. So let's get started into how I created this card. 
For this card I came upon this awesome Leaf Motifs Stamp Set by Catherine Pooler; I love how each leaf has a different pattern. So many possibilities in using this stamp set, I went with blues, grays, greens with a pop of color but you could definitely make some beautiful fall themed cards as well. (That's my next card with this stamp set for sure) 
I used five different ink colors from my Simon Says Stamp mini cube ink set, the colors I used for this were Hot Mama, Stone, Willow, Blue Jay, Lake Shores. I love how all the colors really compliment each other.  
For my sentiment and the background card stock color I wanted to highlight the stone gray color I had used for one of the leaves. So I cut my gray card stock at the A2; and using my You Wafer Die from SSS I also die cut the sentiment 3 times with the same card stock. I realized that my sentiment really didn't stand out like I wanted it to, so using a darker gray I die cut my sentiment one more time and adhered it on top of the other layers. Using my Expressions for You stamp set by SSS as well I stamped the sentiment that I wanted on some white card stock and adhered it with some foam squares.
I hope that you all find inspiration from my blog post today to create a card to make someone's day, and to encourage them to reach for that goal that they may be nervous about. Let's all make an effort to encourage others to become their best selves.  
Happy Crafting!

Comments