Birthday Critter Crew

Hi Crafty Friends!
Who has a birthday this month? I have a few friends and family members with birthdays this month; it's always a good idea to make a few easy birthday cards to have on hand. For my easy birthday cards I decided to use Avery Elle Critter Crew.
These critters are just too cute, I love how they are all popping out of the box like a birthday present. Isn't that pig just the cutest, I love any stamp set that gives me a pig. For both cards I knew I wanted to make them super simple so that meant that I went simple on the coloring as well. I went with a softer color palette than I am used to but I really like how they both came out. 
Once I had both images colored in and die cut I decided I was going to do try using just patterned paper for my backgrounds, I have never used patterned paper before so it was something new for me and it worked out. I used my Wonky Border Dies from Simon Says Stamp to cut the patterned paper once I knew which ones I wanted to use. Next I adhered the critters to my card using some adhesive foam squares to add some dimension to my cards. Using the sentiment die that came with the set I die cut the word surprise and adhered it over top and added a few sequins to complete the look. 
I hope you all enjoyed my cards today and I hope it encourages you to try something you haven't tried before. 
Happy Crafting!

Comments

  1. These are both so cute! I love the color choices you decided on for both cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment