Gator Birthday

Hey crafty friends!
Today I'm sharing a picture book birthday card, these picture books are so cute. I really want them to come out with a pig one or a cute duck. Fingers crossed. But for today's card I used the alligator picture book die from Simon Says Stamp. I made two separate birthday cards to share with you today.
  
For each alligator before die cutting I put some Stick It Adhesive Sheets on the back of my Neehah paper. I did this because that way when I ran it thru my die cut machine with the picture book die it would all stay together and I wouldn't loose any pieces. Once I die cut both alligators I then started coloring both alligators with my copic markers. I knew that I wanted to have a nice sea green color for both alligators. 
Next I started working on the background, for all of it I used Newtons Nook Frames and Flags Die Set along with their Land Borders Die Set as well. For the waves I used the Land and Border Dies that I assume are to make hills but for this project I made waves. For the color of the waves I used my distress inks, I used colors: Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers. 
Next I knew I wanted to add a balloon for each alligator to hold in his mouth, I die cut balloons from some alcohol ink backgrounds that I had. 
Then I started to assemble the cards, I adhered the background to the white card stock and then it was time for the alligators. Piece by piece I assembled the alligators onto the wave background and added their balloon with a color coordinating string. To add the final touches I added some sequins. 
I hope you all enjoyed my cards and I can't wait to see what you create next,
Happy Crafting!

Comments

  1. I love your blog! I have been wanting to purchase some of the picture book dies, I think I will now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they have so many cute ones at SSS. I am going to be making a few more cards using my picture book dies here in the next week. I can't wait to share with you.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! These are amazing! I really want to get started on crafting, you're very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alina, I can't wait to see what you create!

      Delete
  3. I really like the blue one, both are really cool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment