Christmas In July

It's July and you know what that means? It's time to start making Christmas cards! For today's blog post I decided to share how I made these super easy Christmas Elf shaker cards using MFT products. 
I love these cute little elf images, but then who doesn't love birdie brown? For these cards I knew I wanted to try out a technique that I had seen where the images were stamped in a lighter ink and used as a background so that's what I did. 

I laid out the images on my misti and using Grout Grey Premium Die Ink from MFT I stamped my images onto 10 pieces of card stock. There was no rhyme or reason for the way that I laid my images out I just knew that I wanted to use each image. After all the images were stamped I then cut the white card stock just shy of an A2 size. 

Now it was time to die cut the circle shaker window. I used MFT Circle Shaker Window & Frame in the center of each background. Then using my die cutting machine I used MFT Merry Christmas Circle Frame and cut out the die cut using gritter card stock as you see below. 
Now it was just time to assemble. Using the MFT Circle Shaker Pouches I used adhesive to adhere it to the card as well as adhering the Merry Christmas die cut. Next I added in some fun Christmas sequins. I knew that I really wanted the card to have some additional color so before I adhered the cardstock I cut some red and green cardstock to the A2 size to add behind. 
The die cutting took the longest time, but these cards were very easy to create if you would like to recreate these. If you have any questions please let me know below in the comments.
I can't wait to see what you all create next, Happy Crafting!


Comments

  1. I love how you did alternating colors for each card, I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't wait to see what you create. This was my first time making a background with stamps and I really enjoyed it and love how it came out. I can't wait to use this technique again. Happy crafting Betsy!

      Delete

Post a Comment