Alcohol Inks

Hey crafty friends! I am completely obsessed with ranger alcohol inks, there are just so many possibilities. Once I start creating I find myself not being able to stop. So for today's blog post I am sharing some alcohol ink background cards that I made for my crafty friends all around the world. 
The first thing you have to decide to recreate these cards is deciding what color combinations you want to use; under each card I have listed each colors that I used for each one of the cards so that you can recreate the color combinations.
 Flamingo, Sunshine Yellow, Valencia
Pink Sherbet, Raspberry, Watermelon, Wild Plum
Pool, Wild Plum
Raspberry, Watermelon, Wild Plum

For each background I wanted the colors to stay in the middle of the card, so as I applied the alcohol inks I was using my heat gun to control where the inks went. Make sure that you don't keep your heat gun in the same area for very long because it can warp your paper.
While all the backgrounds were drying I started die cutting all the letters that I was going to need each card, for the letters I used the Caps Bold Alphabet Die Set from Altenew. These dies are a little pricey so definitely make sure that you will get some good use of before purchasing. After all the letters were cut I attached all the letters onto the cards using some adhesive foam squares. I added some sequins and some gold/silver twine to make each card complete. 
I hope you all enjoyed my cards and I can't wait to see what you all create next. 
Happy crafting!

Comments

  1. I would have loved to have received one of these in the mail, they are all so beautiful! I need to play with my alcohol inks some more, thank you for explaining how you used the heat gun I will try this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome. Oh please do take some time to use yours, they are so fun! I can definitely make a card for you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment