Helenium Flower

Morning Crafty Friends!
I'm super excited to share that I am on the Twinkle Lane Designs Design Team, they have some truly amazing digi stamps. Make sure you go and check them out if you haven't already. Today I'm featuring two cards with the new digi stamp called the Helenium Flower. I wanted to show how versatile digi stamps are so I created two totally different cards.
For my first card I had this idea of having all the flowers around the outside of my card with the sentiment in the center. To accomplish this I started out by printing the Heleniun Flower image onto some Neehah cardstock. I also printed off the sentiment that comes with the digi stamp making sure to leave enough room around it to be able to cut it down to an A2 size for my card. For this card I wanted all different colors of flowers, so I ended up using a lot of different copic colors but if you wanted to just stick with one color that would also work. I have listed all the colors I used below.
COPIC COLORS:
Y11, Y13, Y18, YR15, YR18
R14, R46, R29, R59
R81, R83, R85, RV32, R56
E43, E44, E47
YG61, YG63, YG67

After I had all my flowers colored in I started working on my card base. I decided to have a blended background using my Distress Oxide Inks - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire. Once my background had dried I started to arrange my images in each corner/side, I adhered them down using some Tombow liquid glue; I then decided that I wanted to add something extra to the background and the flowers so I flicked some Winsor & Newton white permanent paint all over the card, you can really see all the texture in the picture below.
Once everything was dry I then cut off part of the images that were hanging off the sides of my card before adhering it to my cardbase. I added some clear sequins to finish the card off, I absolutely love the way this card turned out.

For my second card I really wanted the stamp to be the focal point of my card. I printed off the image onto some Neehah cardstock so that I could use my copic markers. I really wanted some bright and vabriant yellow colors on this card. They have been remodeling our apartment complex and have done all new landscaping and they planted the prettiest yellow flowers outside my window so that's where my inspiration for this card came from. I have all the colors I used listed below. 
COPIC COLORS:
Y11, Y13, Y18, YR15, YR18
R14, R46, R29, R59
E43, E44, E47
YG61, YG63, YG67
Once I was finished coloring, I used my ScanNCut to cut the image out. It took me awhile to come up with an idea for my background but I finally decided on the Neat and Tangled Nesting Hexagon Cover plate. I ended up using some 110lb cardstock and the die didn't cut all the way thru but I really liked how it looked so I kept it like that. I adhered the cardstock to an A2 card base as well as my colored image. To finish the card off I decided to use the MFT Smile die-namic sentiment in yellow cardstock to complete my card. 

I hope you all enjoyed my cards, make sure to head on over the the Twinkle Lane Designs Blog to see all the other cards from the other design team members. I can't wait to see what you create, happy crafting. 

Comments