Bunnies

Good Morning Crafty Friends!
I hope everyone had an amazing Easter weekend, I spent my weekend with a few family gatherings on Saturday and then a quiet relaxing Sunday at home. For Christmas I received a super cute stamp set from Mama Elephant 'The Bunny's Hop' that I couldn't wait to use to create some bunny cards. Of course I had to create an Easter card but I also created two cards that could be sent year round. 
For all three cards I started out by stamping the image on some Neehah white cardstock. I like to work on multiple cards at once, that way when I'm done I have three cards instead of just one. This does take me a little bit longer than just creating one card, and with this image it took forever. I did a lot of coloring for these bunnies with different shades of brown, gray and black. I really wish I had done some with spots but by the time I thought of it I was almost done with the last image. 
There are so many cute bunnies in this stamp set, the one with the glasses is by far my favorite bunny; I also love the two with the top hats. Do you all have a favorite? Once I had all three colored I used the coordinating dies. The next step was decide on my backgrounds, for the Easter card I ended up doing a cloud background for the other two cards I went used the Heffy Doodle sunshine rays stencil.
I trimmed down my backgrounds to an A2 size before using the stencils to create my backgrounds. For the backgrounds I used my distress oxide inks (Tumbled Glass - clouds, Mustard Seed - Rays). 
The 'Hello' card I went a little light with my blending, but the 'Thanks' card I really wanted the yellow to pop so I blended heavy. Next I started working on my sentiments. The 'Happy Easter' I die cut from gold mirror cardstock, this die comes with the coordinating die set. The 'Hello' die is from Concord & 9th, this is by far one of my favorite stamp/die sets! And finally the 'Thanks' sentiment I decided to just stamp directly onto my background as well as the sentiment underneath reading 'You Making my Day Brighter'. 
For the 'Hello' card I really wanted to use the 'From All of Us' sentiment stamp but didn't want the sentiment to block any bunnies so with Versafine Ink I stamped the sentiment on some vellum and adhered it with some clear adhesive. If you decided to recreate this, it takes a while for the ink to dry so to help speed along the drying process I used my heat tool. 
To finish off all three cards I scattered some sequins. I hope you all enjoyed my cards and I can't wait to see what you all create. Happy Crafting!


Comments