Merry & Bright

Hi Friends!
How was everyone's cyber Monday? Did anyone get any good deals? I got a walker for my uncle, at Thanksgiving I noticed it was getting harder and harder for him to use his cane so I got him a walker with a fold able chair and basket as a surprise. I can't wait till I give it to him, I know he's going to love it. My favorite part about giving gifts is not expecting anything back, I just love spreading the joy and making people smile. And what better way to make someone's day than by sending a handmade Christmas card?
That's what I had in mind when I made this simple Christmas card. I am always trying to use all of my scraps, that way nothing goes unused. Neat and Tangled is one of my favorite companies and I saved and waited for this Merry & Bright die because I knew it would be perfect for Christmas. In previous cards I used the die to add the sentiment to my cards, so with that I had some scraps left over. I used MFT scalloped frame die from die-manics blueprints 27 to add an extra element to the card. Once I had that all ready to go and I got out my distress inks in candied apple and mowed lawn and applied to some ranger watercolor paper. Once I had that completed I attached the ranger paper to the back of my cardstock lining it up so that the top Merry & Bright was red and the bottom green. Than I used some adhesive and attached everything to my card. I left the card super simple with no sequins, but you could definitely add whatever you wanted. I hope you all enjoyed my card for today, I will be posting a Giveaway tonight here on my blog so make sure you are following. 

Comments