Graduation Hooray Cards

Hey everyone, I'm on the blog today to show my newest cards that I made for my graduation coming up! I'm super excited and I just can't wait for December to come. I will be graduating with my Bachelors in Health Services Administration with a Minor in Health Information Management, but enough about me let's talk about these cards :)
I made two separate cards using the Falling Circles Cover Plate from Neat and Tangled. I am so obsessed with this die because I have been able to use it for a variety of different cards. That's what I look for when purchasing either a new die or stamp set, I take a moment to think what cards can I make.
For both cards I used the cover plate on white cardstock and put the circles to the side. Next I used the plate to cut the black and gold circles, I used glitter cardstock for these cards. Since each circle is different I found that cutting one piece of cardstock at a time works best for me. I cut the black glitter cardstock first and placed the circles where I wanted them on each card and once I was done using it all up, I than cut the gold cardstock and followed the same process.
Once I got all the circles glued down I moved onto the sentiment, I just knew that I wanted to use the Hooray die set from Neat and Tangled as well. I have been waiting forever for this die set to come back available, so when it did I just had to have it. To keep with the UCF theme that I was going for I continued with the gold and black colors for the sentiment. I knew I wanted the wording to really pop so I did that with the same glitter gold cardstock. For the background die I used just regular black cardstock. For the first card I just attached the Hooray die to the card and was finished. 

For the second card I decided to add a little more fun by coloring in a cute little mouse with a graduation cap from the Mama Elephant Page Huggers stamp set. It took me a while to decide what cute critter I wanted to use cause they are all so adorable. So for this card I still used the hooray die set but before attaching it to my card I attached the mouse and made it so his hands where holding on to the Hooray sentiment. I thought he just added the cutest little element to make the card so much more adorable. What do you all think?
I hope you all enjoy these two cards as much as I did creating them. It would definitely be so easy for anyone to change up the colors for their school, I plan on making a few more. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!



Comments