Christmas Bunny

Hi everyone, I'm on the blog today with the cutest Christmas bunny out there. When I saw this stamp set from Honey Bee Stamps I knew I had to have it. I plan on using this stamp for birthday cards and other special events but of course I had to make a Christmas one first!

For this card I stamped each bunny twice, I like stamping my sets multiple times that way I can make multiple cards all at the same time instead of having to stamp and re-stamp for each use. 

For coloring of the bunny I went with my warm gray copic markers, these warm grays are by far my favorite colors right now I just love the colors that I get from them. I used W4, W5 and W6 for coloring and shading. For the red on the scarf and the elf hat I used R14 and R27 and for the top of the elf hat I went with YG09 and G09. Once I got my coloring all finished I knew I needed to decide on a background, it took me a while but I finally decided on doing a stripe background. I didn't have a stencil so I actually used sticky notes and laid them out just leaving the space for the red available and use candied apple distress ink to ink each stripe. To add something else I than sprayed some water on the paper in order to get the water drop look, as you can see each spot ranged in size lol.


Once I had the background complete I used my favorite border die which is the MFT wonky dies. I just think they add the fun aspect to my cards. I attached the background to my card and added my the sentiment "Dear Santa, I can explain..." which is found in the Blah Humbunny stamp set. Once I was finished embossing the sentiment I attached the scarf and elf hat to my humbunny and to finish everything off I added an action wobble to the back of my bunny and attached him to the card. This was my first action wobble card and I just love it & I hope you do as well. Have a great day everyone!


Comments

  1. This is such a nice card, I really like the background.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment