Die Storage

Hey crafty friends! I got a lot of questions about how I store my dies and thought that I would share my space saving idea. I found that just having all my dies in their original packaging I was never able to find anything and that I actually ended up not using them. So I went on google and found some great ideas on ways to store them. 

The way that I thought was best for me was to group them together with like items. I decided to get adhesive magnetic sheets, I found them on Amazon for a great price I got a 25 pack (which makes 50 separate storage pockets) for only $24.99. Other places had them at 12 packs for $19.99 so this was the best deal that I found. On Amazon they are called Craftopia Magnetic Adhesive Sheets 8" x 10". For the pockets I got Avery Elle Stamp & Die Storage Pockets, Extra-Large 50 pack. 

Once everything arrived it was separating my dies into like items by company and putting it all together. 
 As you can see I have all my window dies together from MFT as well as all my picture book dies from SSS in one pocket. I wanted to make sure that not only were my like dies together but that I made sure to put what company they were from so that I would know. 
 The Avery Elle storage pockets are 6 3/4" x 9 3/8" so I cut the adhesive magnetic sheets to fit inside each pocket. I decided to save some money that I was going to adhered the magnetic sheets to some thick cardstock I had that I used for scrapbooking. I found this cardstock at Jo-Anns when they were having their amazing paper sale where you can get 12 sheets for $2. I used all different colors, no reason why I just used up everything that I had left over. For the labels I used my label marker to say the company and what was in the pocket, I adhered the labels right onto the magnetic sheet that way they would be on the inside of the pocket and wouldn't get removed while storing. 
For the few stamp sets that I have the actual coordinating dies I knew that I wanted to keep everything together, so in the original packaging that the stamps came in I adhered a magnetic strip to the back of the paper found in the packaging and attached my dies. This allows me to have everything all in one place and not have to go and search for two separate packages. I have some pictures below to show you just how simple it was. Of course you don't have to do this with your stamps and coordinating dies I just felt this is what worked best for me. 
I know that this was super long, but I wanted to make sure that everyone who asked got all the information they wanted. I hope that this helps with your die storage, I have found that since I did this I use my dies so much more and I actual found dies that I didn't remember I had. It did take some time and I'm still working on finishing it all up, but I love it and I hope you will too!

See ya later crafty friends!



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope that you can find inspiration to create as I do with other blogs.

      Delete
  2. I love how you did your storage! Thanks for all the great information

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope that it works for you and your dies.

      Delete

Post a Comment